The Diocesan Pastoral Office serves and supports the pastoral mission of the parishes and the Diocese itself. It works collaboratively with the priests and other parish leaders throughout the Diocese in the development of vibrant communities of faith, committed to the realisation of the Church's mission of service to all in the world.
It does this through;
- The provision of opportunities for adult education and formation;
- Research planning and support of diocesan pastoral initiatives;
- The training of individuals and parishes in the use of social communications and media;
- Providing resources, electronic and print, in support of individual and parish theological and pastoral education;
- The formation and training of parish leaders, including parish pastoral counsellors; and
- The preparation and delivery of programs in faith and liturgical education.
The Church is at the service of the Kingdom of God. It exists to continue the mission of Jesus Christ and to evangelise by proclaiming to all people the "Good News" of their salvation accomplished in Jesus Christ.
It is the task of the Pastoral office to provide educational and resource support to parishes as they fulfill their mission to proclaim the Gospel.